2011/06/16

Chapter 3 - The break

Days were passing and she thought that she forgot him. At least she tried. Marian was very sweet and careful with her. Everyday was by her side trying to do his best so that Sarah could be satisfied. Soon will be the birthday of Sarah and he was thinking what to buy for her. Finally he bought something and went to her:
- Hi, Sarah! Happy birthday! and he kissed her. She tried to avoid him because she didn’t want to make him suffer.
- Ohh..hi! and thanks. It’s a beautiful rose but you shouldn’t bother.
- Uhm…you don’t like it…
She saw the grimace on his face and she tried to do things well.
- Look, I really like your gift. I love it. It’s very beautiful and it means a lot for me. You don’t receive a beautiful red rose daily so it’s nice.
- Uhm…yeah. Now you try to make me feel good but you know, it only makes me feel awful.
- Sorry. It wasn’t my intention. And then she kissed him. After that, Marian started to feel good and to show some happiness on his face.
Next day at school Sarah was with her friends on the school hall, talking. Lucy saw “blue eyes” but in the same time she saw that Marian was coming to Sarah and she didn’t know how to make Sarah to see “blue eyes”. It was something instant that Lucy said:
- Hey, Sarah. Look, that neon is broken. It doesn’t work.
- Uhm…what?!
- The neon. Doesn’t work.
- Ha ha. And why should I care?
- Just look. But quick.
In that moment Marian hugged her and because she couldn’t see the neon she had to turn and watch. But when she rolled she saw “blue eyes” and she figured out why Lucy told her about the neon. She was blushing and Marian asked her what happened.
- Uhm…nothing. Do you want to go somewhere with me?
- Yes. Of course. Where?
She didn’t hear what Marian said because she was thinking at “blue eyes” and she was trying to find him. When she finally found him she started to stare at him. Marian tried to ask her different things but her mind was far away. He finally realized that something wasn’t right but he ignored it.
- Sarah!? Come on, let’s go.
- Uhm…OK. Let’s go. She hardly moved away from “blue eyes” but she did it.
Marian observed that their relation has changed. He tried to speak with Sarah but she didn’t came to school few days. He also tried to call her but she didn’t answered. After a week of absence Sarah returned to school and then she talked with Marian.
- Marian, listen. I have something to tell you.
- Of course, baby. I want to talk to you too about a few things.
- Ok. Uhm…let’s go somewhere where we won’t be disturbed.
- Sure. I know the right place.
In their way both of them were thinking how to start and how to tell what they want without making the other feel uncomfortable.
- Ok. That’s the place.
It was a beautiful restaurant where they went. The atmosphere was so romantic; on the table were candles and in the middle was a red rose.
- Ok. Do you like here?
- Uhm…Yes. It’s a nice place. But I need to talk with you.
- Yes. Of course. But wait a sec to order something.
- No. I can’t wait.
- Ohhh…Ok. Then start.
- Look. About our relation…
- About this I want to talk too.
- Then say first.
- No. It’s ok. I’ll wait.
- Ok. Listen…I think that what we have isn’t a relation. It was in a hurry and honestly I don’t feel anything for you. I love someone else and I can’t be with you. It’s not fair for you to be with me and it’s not fair for me neither to think on someone else while I’m with you. So it’s better if we break and we try to be friends because honestly, none of us feel something like love, real love for the other. Am I right?
-
- Marian!?
- Uhm…yes. I think you’re right.
- Ok. Now that all it’s over, tell me what you wanted to tell me.
- Uhm…no. Nothing. It was stupid of me to think about it.
And in that moment he walked away and he disappeared.